St. Mary's Orthodox Church, Pala is the only Malankara Orthodox Syrian Parish Church in the region.
It is one of the smallest Parishes in the Kottayam Diocese. Even though the West Syriac worshipping communities were present in the region from 1935 onwards, the Malankara Orthodox Holy Eucharist in own building was consistently commenced on 19 November 1967, with the consecration of the first Parish building by His Grace Paret Mathews Mar Ivanios Metropolitan of the blessed memory. Year 2017 marks the Golden Jubilee of the Parish. An integral renovation of the Parish building with an addition of the newly built Mar Ivanios Orthodox Student Centre, a new parsonage with an Office of the Parish and a Shrine dedicated to Holy Mother Mary are consecrated by His Holiness Baselios Marthoma Paulose II on Sunday 29 January, 2017. Whole of these are dedicated as the Golden Jubilee Project of the Parish.
For past fifty years, the Parish remains as the spiritual haven for people from all faiths and denominations. Moreover it continues to be a spiritual shelter for the faithful who follows the West Syriac Tradition predominantly settled in the region with the purpose of the higher education of their children, or job, or to prevail a peaceful retirement time. The Parish certainly welcomes all those who are intended to settle in the region.
Full-fledged Sunday School, Marth-Mariam Samajam, MGOCSM and OCYM are functioning in the Parish. The Classes and Meetings are conducted from 09:45 to 10:45 a.m. on all the Sundays. A Prayer Meeting is hosted by the home of one of the members from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m., on a convenient Sunday, once a month.